Mobile Home Insurance

A solid mobile home insurance policy blends reliable protection, outstanding service, and affordable rates. Copeland Insurance Group is positioned to accomplish this for you and your movile home insurance requirements.

A mobile home policy can either be a named peril or a comprehensive policy.

The three key areas that you want your insurance policy to cover are these three types of losses:

  1. Damage to your home from fire, windstorm, or other physical damage
  2. Theft of personal property
  3. Legal liability for injury or damage that arises from the actions of you or the members of your family

Basic Coverages

  • Personal property coverage protects you in the case any of your personal items are stolen from your mobile home. As in a homeowner’s policy, you should keep a list and an estimated value of your items.
  • Personal liability coverage protects you against a claim or lawsuit that stems from bodily injury that occurred on your property. This is only applicable to non-auto injuries that occur by you, a member of your family or one of your pets.
  • Medical payments coverage pays medical expenses for injuries to other people that occur on your property or elsewhere if the injury was caused by you, a family member, or a pet.
  • A fire and extended coverage policy provides coverage for fire and other perils, included windstorm, explosion, and smoke damage.
  • Additional living expenses covers you and members of your family for additional expenses when your mobile home is classified as uninhabitable because of being damaged or destroyed by an insured peril.
  • Emergency removal expense covers the reasonable expense of moving your damaged mobile home off of your property.

Mobile Home Tie-Down Requirements

Some possessions increase in value over time such as jewelry, antiques, paintings, silverware. If you possess any items that have special value, you may want to consider getting extra insurance on these items.

A majority of mobile home insurance policies do not cover losses from flooding. Given that a lot of mobile home parks are located in flood plains as defined by the federal government, you may be eligible to apply for federally-sponsored flood insurance coverage for your mobile home.

Some mobile home policies may require either a wind or hail deductible. Some insurance companies offer higher deductibles which will reduce your premium amount.