What is this Affordable Care Act(ACA)?
Are your customers under 65 and need a health insurance plan?
The ACA marketplace opens each year from November 1 to January 31, of the upcoming year and gives consumers the ability to pick up a policy without paying penalties. Once the AEP is over, individuals may still be able to purchase coverage during one of 14 Special Enrollment periods as defined on this page.
In fact, approximately 60% of Copeland enrollments occur outside of the Annual Enrollment Period!
What is the core package of health benefits?
The law ensures that health plans offer a core package of items and services, known as "essential health benefits." They must include items and services within at least the following 10 categories:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care
What are the new options for young adults?
The Affordable Care Act allows 2.5 million young adults, who can't get coverage through their job to stay on their parent's health plans until the age of 26.
What's the benefit for seniors?
The law protects any cuts to Medicare's guaranteed benefits, which include doctor, hospital and rehabilitation services.
Adds free preventive care services:
- A yearly wellness visit
- A 50% discount on covered brand-name medications
- Preventative Screening (includes mammograms and colonoscopies)
- Improved access to primary care doctors