The Copeland Insurance Group - A Full Service Field Marketing Organization (FMO)
The Copeland Insurance Group was founded by Mel Copeland in 1962. Over the past fifty years, Mel has established himself as a leader in providing quality service to his clients, which has translated into enjoying a well-respected position in the business communities of Texas. Mel is committed to a personal, service-driven sales approach, and has guaranteed the future of this tradition by retaining a qualified staff of like-minded professionals.
The backbone of our existence is to provide superior value to our independent agents with the utmost integrity and dedication. Our offices across the nation have some of the brightest sales professionals in the industry. By providing top-notch support they ensure satisfaction and maximum sales opportunities. The Copeland Marketing Teams work closely with our contracted agents to ensure they’re selling in a compliant manner by providing on-site and online product training, certification instructions, marketing assistance, and enrollment processing assistance. We are also one of just a few FMOs that features an on-staff accounting team with five professionals dedicated to assisting with commission resolutions.
Copeland Insurance Group seeks to provide the most comprehensive solutions in the Medicare health insurance market. Including Medicare Supplement Plans, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Part D, Final Expense, Short Term Care, and ACA Health Insurance to name just a few, over 65 carrier products in all. With an active focus in the Medicare market, we provide a unique opportunity for the independent agent and larger agencies to find a true partner that brings personalized assistance, the latest product information and exceptional service to the table.
Key Events in Our History
- Mel Copeland started Copeland Insurance Agency in Amarillo in December 1962.
- He moved to Longview in 1966 and changed the name to Copeland Insurance Group.
- Mel purchased Hill Insurance Agency in 1972, doubling the size of the company.
- Several agencies were acquired between 1972 and 1982, increasing the size and strength of the organization.
- Copeland Insurance Group added Employee and Medicare products in 1983.
- Mel took his first FMO contract in 2004 and now represents over 65 companies carrying Medicare Supplements, Medicare Advantage Plans, and other insurance products.
- Copeland Insurance Group became the #1 Insurance FMO in Texas in 2011!
- As of 2015, the company has grown from one employee to 100+ employees.
- In July, 2015, Copeland won the most awards, more than any other FMO at the United Healthcare annual Kick-Off event in Scottsdale, AZ.
- 2016 – Copeland Insurance Group becomes the number one producer of Medicare/Medicaid health plans for United Healthcare nationwide.
- 2021 - Copeland partners with Integrity Marketing Group, one of the nation's largest independent distributor of life and health insurance products. Click here to learn more now.